Taking the time to soak the dates ensures that they will puree and sweeten this simple treat. Add ice if you like a thicker smoothie.
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place dates and almond milk in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup and chill for 2 hours to soften dates. Put dates, almond milk, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and vanilla in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.