Effortless, loose curls and glamorous, retro waves ruled the Red Carpet at the 2015 Oscars. The secret to achieving these coveted looks at home only takes one, easy-to-use tool. Celebrity hairstylist Sarah Potempa shows you how to get-the-look with her new BEACHWAVER S1 rotating curling iron, exclusively on sale at Ulta Stores in the US.
Naomi Watts stunned on Sunday’s red carpet in a beaded Armani Privé gown. Her blonde, textured lob swept her shoulders and her berry lips added a pop of color.
Here’s how to get her glamorous, loose waves:
- Step 1: Apply a volumizing product to damp hair.
- Step 2. Loosely blow dry while twisting pieces away from the face to add texture.
- Step 3. Then use the BEACHWAVER S1 rotating curling iron to add some waves to your hair — just leave the bottom 2 inches of your hair out of the curling iron when you clamp it around your strands to create bends and added dimension to your hair.
- Step 4. Spray flexible hairspray all over to give definition in the hair.
Voluminous, Bouncy Waves
Keira Knightley glowed in her flowing Valentino gown with delicate floral embroidery. She topped off her hair with a dainty headband and added Chanel jewels to complete her look
Here’s how to score her ethereal style:
- Step 1: Start by using a setting mousse and flip hair to one side and scrunch up with the towel to get the natural wave pattern started.
- Step 2: Loosely twist hair away from face on both sides and into 3 + buns (based on how tight you want the waves).
- Step 3: To complete the look once dry, use the BEACHWAVER S1 rotating curling iron to enhance the wave pattern and add a more “polished” look.
- Step 4: Finish with a lightweight hairspray to keep your style intact day to night.