Lupita Nyong’o illuminated the Oscars Red Carpet in a white pearl embroidered Calvin Klein dress and naturally soft hairstyle to match. Smooth ‘N Shine Celebrity Hairstylist Larry Sims worked his magic to create tiny, individual ringlets to complement the artistry and technical beadwork of the dress. Here’s how did it!
“We went for a classic, more rounded look that played off the pearls and texture of her dress, avoiding asymmetric, angular lines and edges.”
1. Dampen hair with a warm towel to soften the texture
2. Apply Smooth ‘N Shine Smooth Olive & Tea Tree RevivOil Wrap & Set Mousse paired with Smooth ‘N Shine Argan Power 10 Styling Gel to create tiny ringlets with a small rattail comb throughout the whole head, starting at the nape of neck and moving to the front
3. Attached hooded dryer for 30 minutes or until hair is dry
4. Once completely dry, take a large tooth bone comb and lift the ringlets to break up the texture for added volume
5. Liberally spray Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Spray-On Polisher for added shine and smooth out any fly-aways and frizzies
Smooth ‘N Shine products are available at Wal-Mart priced at $2.99 to $4.99. You can look like the gorgeous Lupita without breaking the bank. Throw on a simple white dress, and you are ready for a golden night!