The Belk Dallas Grand Opening Charity Event will benefit Susan G. Komen and will celebrate Modern. Southern. Style. Meets Texas in a one-of-a-kind experience. Admission to the April 3 charity event is available by making a $50 online donation to Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink® by visiting www.komen.org/belkdallas. The goal of the event is to raise $50,000 to benefit the Dallas County and North Texas Affiliates of Susan G. Komen. The funds raised will help support those in the fight to save lives, as well as, educate local residents about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources available to them. This is in addition to the $125,000 commitment Belk will present to five community partners, Junior League of Collin County, Junior League of Dallas, Pat and Emmitt Smith Charities, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and YWCA Dallas, at the official ribbon cutting on Wednesday, April 9.
What makes this Belk different from the other ones in Texas? The huge fashion selection of designers like Vince Camuto, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein to name a few.
Belk will open its doors at the Galleria Dallas on March 29, 2014. The company will celebrate the opening of its Galleria Dallas store with several events, including a grand opening celebration on April 9. Designer Karen Kane and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are scheduled to make personal appearances that day. Lucy Dang, Southern Designer Showcase winner, will host a dress party with Belk on April 11. On April 13, Belk will host an Engagement Party to showcase the store’s extensive offerings for wedding registries. As part of its community outreach program, Belk will host a ticketed Charity Day Sale on May 3. Local non-profits are invited to visit the store between April 9 and April 19 to sign up their organization. Participating charities will have the opportunity to raise money for their organization while private sales customers save between 20 to 70 percent off purchases store-wide.
· Celebrity appearance by Nashville star and Belk brand ambassador Hayden Panettiere
· Take home a keepsake photo of you with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
· Spot some of our special guests such as the Belk brothers, Tim (CEO) and Johnny (COO), Arlene Goldstein (Belk’s VP of Trend Merchandising and Fashion Direction), Nancy Brinker (founder of Susan G. Komen), Pat and Emmitt, Jake Pavelka (formerly of The Bachelor) and Kimberly Schlegel Whitman (Southern Living’s editor-in-chief)
· Preview the latest brands now available at Belk Galleria Dallas during a fashion show at 8PM
· Enjoy the sounds of celebrity DJ Lucy Wrubel
· 100% of all donations will benefit Susan G. Komen
· All gala attendees will receive a $25 gift card. Five lucky winners will get $1,000 gift card/shopping spree, and one lucky guest will win an autographed guitar by Blake Shelton!
The Belk Dallas Grand Opening Charity Event, benefiting Susan G. Komen, will take place on April 3 from 7PM to 10PM Tickets are available for a $50 online donation to Susan G. Komen’s Passionately Pink for the Cure.