I sat down with Jeff O’Neil, celebrity hair stylist and creative director at Lure Salon in West Village. If you haven’t sat in Jeff’s chair, you are missing out! Not only does he do amazing work with scissors, but he also is in-the-know about fashion, celebrities and HAIR PRODUCTS. He shared one tip with me that is sooo good that I have to pass it along to you.
After watching Hilary Kennedy‘s Weekly Fashion Update featuring Facelogic, I thought I should check out this really “affordable” spa.
I was escorted to private room by Kelly Bertrand, a skincare therapist, where a zero gravity chair awaits. If you haven’t sat on one, oh my! Zero gravity chairs takes the pressure off of your lower back. I was absolutely amazed at not only the quality of the facial, but the various options based on your skin type that was offered with a price that is “purely affordable!” Cost is a common reason that prevents women from having regular facials.
Getting regular facials is actually one of the secrets to having healthy, youthful skin. Your skin cells renew every 28-30 days; therefore, in order for new skin to come to the surface, it’s important to have the old, dead layers of skin on your face removed. A great way to achieve this is by having regular facials or using a quality skin care product and exfoliate. Getting regular facials will help to promote healthy, youthful and glowing skin. Kelly recommended the Clarisonic for your home facial regime.
Did you know that you can become a member and receive a luxurious facial for $49 a month? I have received manicures and pedicures that cost twice as much!
Last night PinkMemo hosted “The Front Row: Trend Event – Boho Chic” at Neiman Marcus’ flagship store in Downtown Dallas. Almost Famous meets Jane Austen is this Spring 2011 trend, where ruffles and lace join forces with sequins and shells for a fresh take on the sometimes over-played boho chic. PinkMemo described the Spring 2011 to be “brilliant coral, soothing white and tres chic stripes.”
I was definitely taken back by how much coral, tangerine and other shades of orange were being displayed. It was a refreshing contrast to this winter’s darker colors. I’m also excited to see the wide-leg pants coming back in style. The outfit to the left is a perfect picture of what you will be seeing this Spring when you dine at Parigi or stroll through the Dallas Art District. The white peasant top with black detailing winks at gypsy drab and the pants flirt with sea-nymph nautica to create a collection that never forgets its quiet sentiment towards natural beauty.
As we’re enjoying these lovely 70 degree days, the Manolo Blahnik Tassel Flat Thong Sandal on the right retailing for $395 with its feminine flutter is my must have sandal this season and move into Summer. For you ladies who need something a little more “uplifting,” the wedge sandal is back and will go perfect with those wide-leg jeans or the white ruffle dress.
But, I have to say my heart fell in love with this gorgeous coral Michael Kors Skorpios Ring Tote retailing for $995. You can wear it cross shoulder for those busy days on the go, or you can wear it as an oversized arm accessory for those brunches with your girlfriends.
As I watched the 2011 Golden Globe Awards, I was green with envy. Some of night’s best dressed moms opted for richly-hued emerald green gowns. Celebrities often talk about living green, and this time Hollywood’s moms seriously followed it by “GOING GREEN.”
Actress Angelina Jolie, who is mostly seen in black, this time sparkled in a sequined long-sleeved Versace emerald green gown.
Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones chose a green hue too. She wore a Monique Lhuillier forest green silk strapless gown adorned with a sweetheart-neckline.
Who do you think rocked Green Color in the most stunning way? Share your views in comment box below.
So yesterday, I couldn’t resist the temptation of visiting the “H&M Pop-up Shop” located at North Park Center where the old Express store was located across from Henri Bendel. If you are unfamiliar with H&M, it is a Swedish clothing company that makes affordable, trendy, quality clothes for the whole family.
For inquiring minds, the store is very small and just a “preview” store. The staff informed me that each month they will rotate out what they are previewing. Right now it’s just men and women – not kids yet! Most of the clothes are black, red and cream. The “Pop-Up Shop” will be open until Spring 2011. The real store will open Fall 2011.
Today is the first day to you can take advantage of the Partners Card. If you have not purchased one yet, it is not too late to buy from a participating retailer and restaurants. After looking at the my card, I’ve been planning the best way for me to get the most use out of my card. Here are a few suggested buys for this fall and upcoming winter season:
- 7 of All Mankind High Waist Bootcut are my new favorite, even though I love leggings and skinny jeans.
- Ann Taylor Perfect Leopard Flat is a classic and worth the investment.
- Anthropologie Double Duty Cape is my favorite cape.
- Banana Republic Five-Pocket Leggings are flattering and comfortable.
- Banana Republic Military Long Wool Coat is my favorite military coat.
- BCBG Shearling Leather Jacket is my favorite shearling jacket.
- Cole Haan Air Kennedy Boots are comfy with plenty of height.
- Cole Haan Tantivy Hadley Messenger is soft and perfect those casual days.
- Crane and Co. Search for a Cure Caddy is perfect for dropping a note to a girlfriend.
- Gap knows how to make women look good in jeans. I love the rich color of the Sexy Boot Jeans (saturated dark wash).
- Gap Pure Body Turtleneck is the ultimate layering piece.
- Gap Nylon Crossbody Bag is inexpensive functional bag.
- Gap Leather Moto Jacket is my favorite leather jacket.
- Gucci Guilty has great warm notes this time of the year.
- Guess Suede Corset Belt with Front Lace adds a pop of red.
- J. Crew Glitterati Ballet Flat, because what is better than a sparkly ballet flat?!
- J. Crew Rimini Cardigan a great mix of preppy and edgy 🙂
- Kenneth Cole Grommet-Belted Trench Coat is my favorite belted coat.
- Lacoste Oversized Croc Polo because you should not just shop for yourself 😉
- Madewell Leather Silhouette Belt for quick update.
- Nine West Bella Satchel has a feminine meets edgy quality by the scattered studs.
- Ralph Lauren Big Pony Cotton Hoodie looks good while doing good.
- Tory Burch Leopard Print Holland Satchel adds the perfect finishing touch to any look.
- Tory Burch Limited Edition Logo Rain Boots for those rainy days.
The 750+ amazing retailers, restaurants, hotels, and spas are listed on www.partnerscard.org and 100% of your $60 card purchase serves the women, children and men clients of The Family Place. What are some of your suggestions of items or stores that I MUST stop by?
As I type this post, I hear the washer and dryer cleaning and drying clothes. I’ve always wondered how 2 little people could increase my laundry duties by ten-fold. Laundry before kiddos was so different – it was an activity that I might do while I watch a movie. Now, it is a all-day or weekend activity, which made me wonder why.
Then, it hit me…my daughter wears a couple of outfits A DAY. She has her morning outfit, which she wears indoor as she watches cartoons and enjoys breakfast. This usually is a stylish t-shirt with leggings. Next, comes the outdoor wear. She insists that she does not want to “ruin” her other clothes while playing outside. This means she will want jeans, a plain t-shirt and a sweater or jacket depending on the temperature. Finally, after her afternoon nap, she likes to wear either her morning outfit or a new dressier one, so she could look nice when daddy gets home. At this time, she will include a barrette or cutesy hair accessory. Okay, now you see why I have piles of laundry just from one “posh” child. When should kiddos start doing laundry? Ha! 😉
* BTW, it is true when “they” say boys are low-maintenance. The only reason my boy will want a new outfit is when his current one is too dirty, and usually I’m the one insisting on changing it, so I do not have clean up after him 😉 *
My daughter’s wardrobe is not the only place where she has an opinion – SHOPPING! She is truly “my” daughter. For Easter this year, she picked out the outfits for all of us. I was looking for outfits that would not break the bank. After looking in department stores and other smaller boutiques, we stumbled into Children’s Place where she found the outfits. I wanted something to coordinate, but not entirely match. Voila! She picked out the dress and found her brother’s shirt within minutes. The cost was within reason, and the rest is history.
Yves Saint Laurent said it well, “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” I do not want to crush her sense of style because of the burden of laundry. But, I cannot wait for her to start contributing to these duties 😉
The kiddos‘ outfits are from www.childrensplace.com – the place where style and practicality meet!